All SABC workers have been evacuated.
This after some of the people were stuck on the 17th floor.
Johannesburg Emergency Services' spokesperson Robert Mulaudzi said there was diesel spillage on the 15th-floor standby generator.
Mulaudzi confirmed that were no injuries reported and all people were evacuated.
Vuyo Mthembu, the SABC's spokesperson said there was a power outage on Wednesday morning which resulted in the SABC's internal systems switching from City Power to a back-up generator.
"Due to the ageing and failure of the equipment, this led to the diesel tank overflowing," Mthembu said in a statement.
"The health and safety of SABC employees is of paramount importance and, as a precautionary measure, all our employees from the Radio Park building have been safely evacuated," Mthembu said.