Kayla, go to Master of High Court

File Photo
File Photo


KAYLA Matthews from Westbury, Joburg, said she and her mother have been living in her gogo’s house for more than 20 years and her mum used to look after her gogo before she died.

Now her mum’s sister wants to take the property away from them and sell it.


If your gogo died without a will explaining what should happen to her assets upon her death, then her estate needs to be divided according to the law of intestate succession. The family can go to the nearest Master of High Court’s office to provide the process to be followed.

Voting Booth
If you were elected president of the country, which important issue would you fix first?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
8% - 43 votes
Health care
5% - 25 votes
66% - 357 votes
4% - 19 votes
Justice system
18% - 95 votes
Let us know what you think

Contact the People’s Paper with feedback on stories and how we could make dailysun.co.za even better!

Learn more
Do you have a story for the People’s Paper?

Click below to contact our news desk and share your story with SunLand!

Let's do it!