With 2016 all wrapped up, and the beach sand shaken off, it’s time to tackle 2017 by the horns and keep those new year’s resolutions on track!
If one of them was to serve up some scrumptious new family meals, this little winner could just be the recipe you’re looking for! Give your kids a head start this new year with this attractive back-to-school breakfast!
250 g Enterprise streaky bacon, chopped
Salt and milled black pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 onion, chopped
2 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
1 can All Gold Mediterranean Style Diced Tomatoes
45ml parsley, chopped
125g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to grill.
- Place bacon on a baking tray lined with foil. Grill for one to two minutes each side or until crispy.
- Drain bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Chop bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs together and season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in an ovenproof non-stick frying pan over low heat.
- Add onion and crushed garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for three to four minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add the cooked bacon, cooked potato, All Gold Mediterranean Style Diced Tomatoes and the parsley.
- Scatter the cheese over the top and pour egg mixture into the pan.
- Lift and tilt the pan to distribute the egg mixture evenly.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for seven to eight minutes or until frittata is almost set (its surface should still be slightly runny).
Alternatively, bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 10-15 minutes, depending on the depth of the frying pan.
- Place the pan under the grill. Grill frittata for three to five minutes or until just set and lightly golden.
- Allow to cool for few minutes, cut into wedges and serve at once.
Add some chopped green chilli for extra bite or a generous dollop of All Gold Hot & Spicy Tomato Sauce!
- For more tasty recipes, crammed full of goodness and tasting really good, visit the newly revamped website: http://www.allgold.co.za.
Or join in on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllGoldSA or Twitter: https://twitter.com/AllGold_SA and Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/allgoldsa/