ERIC Mona said there was a reason his granddaughter’s alleged killer abandoned his bail application on Friday.
The 55-year-old told Daily Sun alleged serial killer Julius Mndawe (25) didn’t continue with his bail application in the Masoyi Periodical Court because he knew residents of Numbi, Mpumalanga, would be out for his blood if he was released on bail.
Eric’s grandchild, Noxolo Mdluli (19), was one of five women allegedly murdered by Mndawe before being buried in shallow graves in his yard.
Mona told the SunTeam: “We are hungry for him and he knows he is not wanted here. I would have eaten him alive if he got bail.”
Mndawe faces charges of rape, murder, concealment of death, violation of a corpse and concealment of bodies.
He allegedly killed five women between the ages of 15 and 24.
They were reported missing between 2017 and last year. Mndawe handed himself over to the police after a cellphone belonging to one of the victims was found in his possession.
Apparently, he confessed to the crimes, and said he found some of the victims on social media.
Political parties and residents were in court to show support to the victims’ families.
The case was postponed to 28 August for further investigations.
The police are still waiting for DNA and post-mortem results.