When you have a crush the thought of speaking to that person can be quite a scary thing, from having butterflies in your stomach and being awkward.
It can be a bit frightening starting a conversation with your crush, but if you don’t shoot your shot, you’ll miss the target.
Here are a few tips to consider with starting a conversation with your ex.
Before you start a conversation with your crush
- Wait for the right time and place to start a conversation
- Talk to your crush like you already know him or her.
- Think about what he or she might be interested in talking about.
- Freshen your breath before you talk
Starting and having the conversation
- Make a funny or playful comment about the place you are at or thing you are doing.
- Get an update on something he or she is doing, especially if you share something in common like the same class or work.
- Ask for his or her opinion on something easy to talk about.
- Ask him or her something unexpected but easy to answer.
Keep the conversation going
- Ask questions about his or her interests, hobbies or work.
- Be an active listener in your conversation.
- Show him or her that you are enjoying yourself in conversation.
- Make a plan to hang out again and get his or her phone number.
- End the conversation on a good note.