Musk says R690 billion Twitter deal temporarily on hold!

accreditation

Elon Musk said on Friday his R690 billion deal for Twitter was temporarily on hold, citing pending details on spam and fake accounts. 

"Twitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users," Musk said in a tweet. 

Shares of the social media company fell 20% in premarket trading. Twitter did not immediately respond to a request for comment. 

The company had earlier this month estimated that false or spam accounts represented fewer than 5% of its monetizable daily active users during the first quarter. 

It also said it faced several risks until the deal with Musk is closed, including whether advertisers would continue to spend on Twitter. 

Musk, the world's richest man and the chief executive of Tesla, had said that one of his priorities would be to remove "spam bots" from the platform. 

Voting Booth
Which player deserves to win the PSL footballer of the season award?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Results
Andile Jali (Mamelodi Sundowns)
34% - 174 votes
Victor Letsoalo (Royal AM)
16% - 81 votes
Peter Shalulile (Mamelodi Sundowns)
50% - 257 votes
Vote
Let us know what you think

Contact the People’s Paper with feedback on stories and how we could make dailysun.co.za even better!

Learn more
Do you have a story for the People’s Paper?

Click below to contact our news desk and share your story with SunLand!

Let's do it!