Pension payout is too little



MORRIS Tsoeleng from Tshwane said he resigned from work and submitted all the documents needed to claim his pension fund.

He received a notification that his payment had been approved.

However, Morris is not satisfied with the amount that was paid.


I contacted the fund to ask how one can confirm what was due to them in such cases.


Katlego Tselapedi from the Government Employees Pension Fund advised that Morris can visit their offices and ask for clarity on the calculations. He can also call the call centre to ask for information. If he is able to use the GEPF calculator on the self-service app then he can also do that. That provides the information of the service duration and the year he started contributing to the fund.

Voting Booth
What would you do if your partner locked your private parts?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Ask for forgiveness.
29% - 117 votes
Consult with a sangoma.
49% - 195 votes
Continue with my life as normal.
22% - 86 votes
Let us know what you think

Contact the People’s Paper with feedback on stories and how we could make even better!

Learn more
Do you have a story for the People’s Paper?

Click below to contact our news desk and share your story with SunLand!

Let's do it!