Mbulelo, take him to court!



MBULELO Jamangile from Joburg said last year, he lent his colleague R6 800 to pay tuition fees at Boston College.

He also gave him a cellphone worth R2 000 to use on campus until he could buy his own.

The colleague doesn’t want to pay back the money or to return the cellphone. He always gives excuses.

Mbulelo wants to know what he can do to get his money back.


If you lend a friend money and he refuses to pay you back, you have an option to take legal action.

You can approach the Small Claims Court, which allows you to institute civil action against anyone who owes any amount below R20 000.

This court is less expensive, you do not need an attorney and it is also quick.

Voting Booth
How are you feeling today?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
On top of the world!
19% - 9 votes
42% - 20 votes
Not Okay
40% - 19 votes
Let us know what you think

Contact the People’s Paper with feedback on stories and how we could make dailysun.co.za even better!

Learn more
Do you have a story for the People’s Paper?

Click below to contact our news desk and share your story with SunLand!

Let's do it!