Maria, send proof

File Photo
File Photo


MARIA Kgapola from Springs, Ekurhuleni, said she started working for a company in 2000 and in January this year, she had to retire from work because she had turned 60.

When she engaged with the company regarding her withdrawal of her provident fund, her HR manager recorded she started working for the company from 2015.

She explained that she has proof she started working in 2000, but her manager refused to listen and correct the problem.

ADVI CEWhat she has to do is contact the HR manager and provide proof of her commencement date of employment.

Such proof can also be submitted to the provident fund administrator to verify on their record when they first received her monthly contribution towards the fund.

Voting Booth
If you were elected president of the country, which important issue would you fix first?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
8% - 43 votes
Health care
5% - 25 votes
66% - 357 votes
4% - 19 votes
Justice system
18% - 95 votes
Let us know what you think

Contact the People’s Paper with feedback on stories and how we could make even better!

Learn more
Do you have a story for the People’s Paper?

Click below to contact our news desk and share your story with SunLand!

Let's do it!