LAST Saturday, the Mzansi’s Viewers Choice Awards swung into action, and y’all know I love freebies.
So, off I went to the Dome in Northgate, north of Jozi, to hang with other kids.
- Must say, I’m still not sure what’s worse between coronavirus and DJ Zinhle’s tragic dress. It’s okay to stay at home and mend a broken heart with an ice cream, chocolate and Pearl Thusi, instead of trying to prove a point.
Her catastrophic dress told the story of aheartbroken woman.
Anyhow, I won’t bore you with the logistics. So, below are the red-carpet hits and misses. You’d swear this year’s theme was Catastrophic, as I’ve never seen so many ugly dresses in one place.
- Hostess, Minnie Dlamini-Jones, changed clothes several times. But it was a mess after a disaster.
One of her dresses even looked like Rebecca Malope’s fancy curtains that only see the light of day when she has “special” guests.
- The MaMkhize girls, Shauwn, and her plus one, Andile, looked like cartoon characters.
- Boity’s dress choices are hella predictable and boring.
Please, sisi, don’t use your dress-selection method to choose men.
- Actress Sindi Dlathu won, but her dress left a bitter taste in my mouth.
Please, sisi, stop dressing like you still on government TV. You’re on pay-TV now.
- Singer Winnie Khumalo’s daughter Rethabile looked like she was about to inherit a shebeen from her mum.
Her outfit looked like it was designed to protect you from COVID-19.
- I’m happy that comedian Siyanda Maphumulo won. Now, he can charge more for a gig, so he’s able to afford nice clothes.
- Miss World South Africa 2019, Sasha-Lee Laurel Olivier, looked like a breadwinner who supports four kids. Her bedspread-looking dress was justextra. Extra ugly.
- Somizi wore a two-piece sequence with adramatic hat and huge brim. I feel sorry for those who sat behind him. I bet my last money they missed half of the show.
- There’s nothing as boring as actor Clement Maosa. And his dress code is worse. Yawn!
- Skeem Saam actress, Mogau
- looked like a traditional disaster.
That tribal print jumpsuit didn’t work out the way you planned. Admit it!
- Amstel is a hustler, who sometimes impersonates Michael Jackson to make a quick buck.
- While praying for coronavirus, pray for Zahara. I hear she has a stylist, but still looks cheap.
- Lebo M was sexy in a Laduma Maxhosa suit. Lebo you can marry and divorce me as many times as you please. Plus I don’t drink!
- Bra Sipho “Hotstix” Mabuse can get it any day.