L AST week was miraculous and exciting. It felt like the official opening of Instagram, as slay queens smiled all the way to the malls in preparation for the hotels, B&Bs and restaurant openings.
I mean, that’s how bo ghel roll!
- Wives shouldn’t get too comfortable, as their deputies (slay queens) are once again spreading the love and knows what else with abo-hubby? First, a heartfelt sob for slay queen-turned-author, Kefeeboo, who ditched being the fun pack to play the boring wife role with Edwin Sodi.
- Ereng singleness mo ngwaneng? Moving on to happy news. LGBTQI+ activist and Feathers Awards founder, Thami Dish, has built a shelter to cater for members of the community.
- We do acknowledge when a celebrity makes a difference and gives back to the community. Many talk about being charitable but few live up to the hype. Anyhow, DJ Tira got out of his comfort zone this week when promoting the latest phone.
But his viewers and followers were more intrigued by him having the dating app, Grinder, used mostly by gay men.
- It’s good to see an A-list celebrity taking up a cause to support the gay community. Speaking of apps, whatever happened to Bonang Matheba’s app and Cell C?
- Still on the queen! Belated happy birthday B! It’s good to know you’re not above drinking Savanna like other girls. I see corona miracles have been doing the most in exposing intolerant tweets. This week, madam Hellen Zille tweeted one of her racist comments and DA’ black people were the first to post about apartheid as if their complaints will be heard or considered.) Hlanganani Gumbi and Mbali Ntuli, lalelani la: before you there was Mmusi Maimane and Lindiwe Mazibuko. The last time they tried to voice their opinions was the last time we heard of them.
They’ve since vanished off to the Harvard, Oxford and whatever university that clever blacks never return from.
- If you still value that office in Parliament, stop tweeting. Now, I know why Lerato Habeba dumped Finance Minister Tito Mboweni, he’s so stingy with money.
- What kind of a budget speech was that? Piece of advice, honourable member, please be a blesser if you want Mzansi to keep you warm and smiling this winter. My favourite, king Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo, is back in power and he’s gonna break loose. Watch this space.) Oh, I nearly forgot about the Julius Malema presser.
I was so embarrassed by my more serious clever black colleagues.
Juju has a doctorate in dealing with the media. Tjo!
But VBS was all over his face. I don’t mean the collapsed bank, but Vaseline Blue Seal. Let me zip it before he comes for me!