GETTING your licence could be nerve wrecking but it might be one of the most rewarding achievements.
Datsun is passionate about enabling young professionals to secure independence by getting their licences. As such, herewith a few tips to make this process a little easier:
- The first step is to get your learner’s license. As part of this process, you need to get a K53 manual that will give you an understanding of the rules of the road. For example; road signs, command and warning signs.
- Make your appointment for your learner’s license online (this can take up to a week) and start going through the K53 manual two weeks before your appointment. It’s advisable to choose a licensing department closest to your home.
- As part of this process, you need to submit an eye test. To jump the queues at the licensing department, go and get your eyes tested at a private optometrist.
- On the day of your learner’s license appointment, arrive 30 minutes early to calm the nerves.
- Once you have passed your learners license, start with driving lessons. Remember to ask your instructor for the best packages to save money.
- Your first lesson is the most important one as this is when you understand the purpose of the controls and all the operations of the vehicle (for example; the vehicles indicators and clutch).
- Next up, let’s get you more exposed to the open road. This step can take up to 20 hours, driver and behavior dependent.
- Once you have confidence, make an appointment for your driver’s license.
- You will be required to do another eye test. Jump the queues at the licensing department again, go to a private optometrist.
- On the day of the test, apply and implement what you have learnt! Make sure you eat something to prevent a slump in your sugar levels, those who know say a chocolate bar is just the thing.