Leading online automotive retail portal Cars.co.za named the winners of its Consumer Awards.
There were 12 category winners and Cars.co.za also awarded its prestigious first Brand of the Year trophy to Toyota who regained the title after a two-year gap.
Eighteen brands were represented in the list of finalists and Volkswagen garnered the most trophies, four.
According to Cars.co.za, the importance of after-sales service excellence was highlighted by the impact the Ownership Satisfaction Survey had on the final scores.
The rules of the competition require each category to have at least two vehicles with each having full scores – judges scores and survey scores. This criteria could not be met in performance car so Cars.co.za had to scrap the award this year.
Consumer Awards winners
- Volkswagen Polo 1,0 TSI Comfortline auto
- Mercedes-Benz A200 AMG-Line
Compact family car
- Nissan Qashqai 1,2 Acenta auto
- Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace 1,4 TSI Trendline
- Volkswagen Arteon 2,0TSI 4Motion R-Line
- Mercedes-Benz E220d Avantgarde
- Volkswagen Amarok 3,0 V6 TDI 4Motion Highline Plus
- Toyota Fortuner 2,8 GD-6 4x4 auto
- Volvo XC60 D5 AWD R-Design
- Range Rover Velar D300 R-Dynamic SE