HOT on the heels of the launch of the facelifted Hyundai Tucson, Kia is now upping the Sportage’s game too, with an updated version.
Kia ended the SX AWD and GT Lines but boosted the remaining versions. The Ignite has air-conditioning, automatic headlights, electric side mirrors with built-in indicators, a centre console armrest with built-in storage box, Bluetooth connection, a radio with six speakers, electric windows and rear park.
The revised Ignite Plus also gets auto-folding side mirrors, front fog lights and stylish new 17-inch wheels.
The EX adds front-parking sensors, automatic rain-sensing wipers, an electric parking brake with auto-hold function, automatic air-conditioning, a touchscreen display and leather trim.
The new Sportage EX Plus range-topper also gets a panoramic sunroof, a USB port for rear passengers and a eight-inch colour touchscreen display with satellite navigation and reverse camera.
The three engines are a 1,6-litre and 2,0-litre petrol units with a 2,0-litre turbodiesel. All with automatic gearboxes
Sportage gets a full range of safety and driver assistance systems and come with an unlimited-kilometre five-year warranty and a five-year/90 000km service plan.
- Kia Sportage 1,6 GDI Ignite, six-speed automatic – R379 995
- Kia Sportage 2,0 Ignite Plus, six-speed manual – R389 995
- Kia Sportage 2,0 Ignite Plus, six-speed automatic – R403 995
- Kia Sportage 2,0 CRDI Ignite Plus, eight-speed automatic – R453 995
- Kia Sportage 2,0 EX, six-speed automatic – R459 995
- Kia Sportage 2,0 CRDI EX, eight-speed automatic – R509 995
- Kia Sportage 2,0 CRDI EX AWD, eight-speed automatic – R536 995
- Kia Sportage 2,0 EX Plus, six-speed automatic – R499 995
- Kia Sportage 2,0 CRDI EX Plus, eight-speed automatic – R549 995