SOME people are easy to buy gifts for and some are more difficult. Buying a fitting gift for gym fans is one of those tricky shopping activities, but SunShoppers has some handy advice ready for you.
Zone Fitness senior fitness instructor, Conrey Orange, says most people are putting together a wish list for their family and friends, so add these on.
“We all have companions who are fitness fanatics, but when they appear to have every piece of gear sorted, what do you get them? Don’t stress, we’ve got you covered! We’ve put together a list of our favourite gadgets and goodies for anyone who hits the gym!”.
- The right playlist is critical for exercising and while Bose are known for their quality speakers, their earphones are no different. They have a sleek design, fit snugly into your ear and are water resistant, so you can run in the rain or sweat as much as you want and they won’t let you down. For more info visit www.soundimports.co.za
- The Samsung Gear Fit has been the talk of the town since its release. It’s the perfect combination of smartwatch and exercise gadget, with a design so sleek you barely notice when it’s strapped to your wrist. Boasting a touchscreen screen, it’s perfectly viewable at night, and features workout auto-tracking – as soon as you start training it tracks your efforts.
- If you’re looking for something even more discreet, the Misfit Ray comes to mind. The aluminium cylinder on a slim strap is comfortable day and night, and it looks good as a bracelet. The Ray features vibration alerts for calls and texts and movement reminders for when you’ve been inactive too long.
- The Beddit 3 Sleep Tracker is one of the niftiest gadgets of late. You simply place the strap underneath you while you sleep and Beddit does the rest. It tracks your sleeping patterns, dreams, snoring, heart rate and breathing which it analyses and sends to the Beddit app with Bluetooth.
- Foam rollers have numerous benefits, including deep tissue massage, targeting trigger points and working out posture pain after a day at the office. Not to mention softening tissue post-workout for hamstrings, glutes and feet.