THE truth is that dating is hard for everyone, and it can even be more challenging for those who are HIV-positive because of the stigma attached to the disease.
Disclosing your HIV status can be intimidating, as one may not know what reaction to expect. However, it is important reveal your status and to take the necessary precautions.
- Educate – equip yourself with facts.
- Comfort – understanding who you are empowers you to deal with possible negative responses.
- Trust – take time to know the character of a person before disclosing.
- Prepare – confession can either end the relationship or make it stronger.
- Disclosure before sex– respect your partner enough to give them the option of making their own decision.
It is important for those with HIV to teach others there is still a life after HIV, which can be happy, so that people do not continue to live in ignorance. Using ARVs gives you control by suppressing the virus to undetectable levels, offering you full control of your health.
send a #plzcall 083 323 1023 or firstname.lastname@example.org