The winter season means shorter daytime, resulting in longer nights – and this season has been linked by researchers to higher violent crime rates.
Last year statistics revealed that 250 out of a hundred thousand women were victims of sexual offences, and 120 males out of a hundred thousand.
To keep safe this winter, here are a few safety tips.
- Stay alert and aware of your surroundings
- Be assertive so that you don’t become an “easy target”
- Walk in well-lit areas.
- Always make sure you lock doors and close windows
- Avoid parking in isolated and poorly lit areas
- Don’t open for strangers!
- Know your sexual limits
- Talk about your desires
- Set limits of alcohol use
- Be assertive when saying no.
It is important to act responsibly at all times to reduce your chances of being a victim of sexual assault.
In the event that you’re attacked, don’t be ashamed to tell your story as it can save others and encourage healing.
You don’t have to be a victim!
Please send a Please Call Me to 083 323 1023, firstname.lastname@example.org, or go into the Facebook page loveLifeNGO.