9 months ago

Hey MizzB

I am a 21-year-old gay man who’s dating a 42-year-old guy.

He’s a divorcee, and when he’s drunk he beats and insults me.

I’m afraid to open a case because I was once told I should sort out my issues like a man. My family has rejected me for being gay and I don’t have anyone else to turn to.

Please help me save our relationship!

Hey Guy

This relationship is unhealthy and your partner could mistakenly end your life when he’s drunk.

Staying in an abusive relationship makes things worse as the abuser may not seek help because you have made it normal for him to treat you badly.

You have the right to report this guy because this is domestic violence, and it’s his responsibility to seek help for his bad behaviour.

Send a #plzcall to 083 323 1023 or email mizzb@lovelife.org.za to speak to a counsellor.

Comment on this story
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining