VUYOKAZI Mahlophe from Sebokeng said she was dismissed from work and she referred the matter to the CCMA.

The commissioner granted an award in her favour.

The employer was ordered to pay compensation, but he refused. Vuyo wanted to know what legal options she had.


Once she obtains an award for compensation and the employer fails to pay within the due date, the employee must complete the LRA 7.18 form to have the award certified by the CCMA director.

Once the director has certified the award a writ of execution will be issued. Vuyo must approach the sheriff within the jurisdiction of the employer, and the sheriff will attach movable goods from the employer to raise an amount awarded to her.