JACOB Hlatshwayo from Botleng in Delmas, Mpumalanga, said after working for a company for nine years, he was declared medically unfit by the company doctor.

Medical reports were submitted by the doctor to the company, and he was told he’d be paid 75% of his salary.

Jacob wants to know if he can claim from his pension fund.


It’s always better to claim a disability benefit by submitting medical reports to the retirement fund instead of claiming a pension fund withdrawal.

Jacob’s boss will have to submit a claim within a specific period to avoid the claim being rejected.