SARAH Mogale from Rustenburg, North West, said when she reached retirement age, she thought she’d get a substantial amount from her pension fund.

But she was disappointed when she was paid far less than what she expected.

She wants to know if she has any options to challenge the payout.


There are provisions in the Pension Fund Act that allow you to formally lay a complaint, provided it meets the requirements as mentioned in the act.

Sarah can send a written complaint to the board for consideration and they will respond within 30 days. If she’s still not satisfied with the response, she can then send the complaint to the adjudicator.