4 months ago
Scorpion Legal Protection  ~ 


PAULINE Maphaphuli from Thokoza, Ekhuruleni said she entered into an agreement with a man. She gave him R110 000 to invest and was promised double the amount after 180 days. The 180 days have passed and she’s been struggling to get her money. At this stage she just wants her initial investment back. The man is now in prison, apparently on a charge of fraud, but Pauline’s claim will prescribe in May, which means she’ll lose her right to claim payment. She wants to know what she can do now to get her money back.


I spoke to Scorpion Legal Protection for advice.


The advice from the Scorpion Legal adviser is that summons for the money owed can be served on a person in prison. Pauline should appoint an attorney to do this so her claim is not too late. Pauline can also speak to the investigating officer in charge of the criminal case and have her name added to the fraud charges. Alternatively, she can lay her own charge of fraud. It would be best for her to make use of both options available to her.

You can strike back legally too!

Click here

to fill in your details for Scorpion to call you back.

Terms and conditions apply.

Comment on this story
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining

The act of hanging a statue of MEC Panyaza Lesufi outside the Department of Education in Pretoria is an indication that...