PATIENCE Makgwale from Pimville, Soweto, worked for a security company for two years.

According to her payslip, the company deducted provident fund contributions.

When her contract was terminated, she contacted the provident fund to claim, but was told they’d not received her contributions.

She lodged a complaint with the pension fund adjudicator and they issued a determination in her favour, but the company still refuses to pay.

She wants to know if the determination can be enforced.


nce a determination has been issued in court it can be enforced through the execution process by the sheriff of the court. This means She can approach the clerk or registrar of the civil court to issuea writ of execution which is a judicial order. That means judgment should be enforced.

This order must be executed by the sheriff of the court.