- 500g (two rolls) ready-made puff pastry
- One egg, lightly whisked with a fork
- One cup grated cheddar cheese
- 400g cooked boerewors
- One 410g can of braai relish
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Unroll 250g or about one roll of puff pastry. Put it on a clean braai grid.
- Brush a little of the egg on the pastry.
- Leave a 2cm border around the pastry edge and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Add the chopped boerewors evenly.
- Spoon relish over the boerewors.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley on top.
- Unroll the second puff pastry and roll it over the top of the pie to make a cap.
- Fold the edges of the pastry’s bottom layer over that of the top layer. Seal edges by pressing gently with a fork.
- Brush remaining beaten egg on top of the pastry.
- Close the braai grid, then braai the pie over medium coals, turning regularly for 15 minutes or until the pastry is crispy and cooked through.