Photo by .
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Two cups strawberries, hulled, quartered
- One cup blueberries
- One cup blackberry
- Two teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- One pinch salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cubed and at room temperature
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add ¼ cup water and ½ cup sugar. Bring to boil while stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Cook for two minutes, then add berries, lemon juice and salt. Return to boil and add butter. Swirl the mixture around the pan until the butter melts.
- Spoon berries and sauce on to warmed dessert plates. If desired, put a small scoop of vanilla ice-cream, whipped cream or yogurt in the centre of each plate. Serve immediately and enjoy!