- 250g butter or margarine, softened
- 100g sugar
- 350g Snowflake cake wheat flour
- 165g smooth apricot jam
- ¼ 385g can condensed milk
- 15ml full cream milk
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- Six red glacé cherries, quartered
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Sift the flour and add to the mixing bowl.
- Mix well until it becomes a soft dough. Roll dough on a lightly-floured surface to a thickness of about 3mm.
- Cut the dough into round or square shapes of about 6cm in diameter.
- Place the cut dough onto greased baking trays.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for eight to 10 minutes.
- Remove and put cookies onto wire racks to cool.
- Sandwich two biscuits together with jam.