- 10 sweet oranges
- Three lemons
- Five litres of cold water
- 4kg white sugar
- 60ml whisky (optional)
- Wash oranges and lemons. Halve them and squeeze out juice. Remove pips and slice rind finely. Put juice, rind and water into bowl. Let rind soften for 24 hours.
- Pour in saucepan. Slowly bring to boil and let half liquid boil away – two hours.
- When sufficiently reduced, add sugar and whisky. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Boil rapidly for a further one and a 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally, until mix sets when tested on cold plate.
- Allow to cool slightly for two to three minutes, then pour into clean jars and refridgerate. When cold, cover with discs of dipped-in-brandy greaseproof paper and tightly seal with lid. – FOOD24.COM