- 300ml water
- 300g castor sugar
- Zest and juice of two lemons
- 400ml tonic water
- 250ml quality gin
- 20g powdered gelatine completely dissolved in 50ml hot water
GIN AND TONIC PREPARATION
- Simmer 300ml water and sugar for five minutes. Take off the heat, add the lemon zest and leave to steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain mix in a measuring jug to remove zest. Add citrus juice, tonic water and gin. Add tonic water, gin or lemon juice according to taste until it reaches 1 200ml.
- Pour the gin and lemon syrup mixture into the liquid gelatine and then pour everything back into the jug.
- Pour the liquid gin-jelly mix into moulds or serving glasses and when cooled, put in fridge to set over night.
- Unmould the gin-jellies and decorate with slices of different fruit.
- The gin-jelly mix will keep indefinitely in the fridge if it is covered with cling wrap as sugar, alcohol and gelatine all preserve well.