- Enough pastry for a 23cm double crust pie
- Five cups fresh peaches, sliced
- One cup sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Two tablespoons butter
- Two tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 220°C
- Stir together flour, one cup sugar and cinnamon, then set aside.
- Wash, peel and slice fresh peaches.
- Mix together peaches with the cinnamon-sugar mix.
- Pour mix in pastry-lined pie pan and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust, cut in slits and seal the edges.
- Sprinkle top with two tablespoons of sugar.
- Cover the edges with foil to prevent over-browning.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes. Remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking. Wait until crust is browned and juice begins to bubble through the crust slits.
- Pie may be frozen for future use.