THIS chicken and flatbread dish is not only easy to make but can be frozen and reheated quickly.
- Six to eight chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 30ml Dijon mustard
- 30ml wholegrain mustard
- One packet cream of mushroom soup powder
- 10 pickling onions, peeled and halved
- Two celery stalks, chopped
- One lemon, peeled and cut into pieces
- 500g ready-made bread dough
- 60ml fresh parsley, chopped
- Garlic butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Put chicken in bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix mustard and brush over the chicken. Sprinkle soup powder over chicken, then put in roasting bag.Tie bag loosely shut. Snip some holes in top.
- Put bag in ovenproof dish. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Open bag and add onions, celery and lemon. Arrange so chicken is on top of vegetables. Close bag again and bake for 30 to 40 minutes more or until chicken is golden and vegetables are done.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and grease baking sheet. Knead parsley into dough. Divide dough into 15 pieces, then roll them out on floured surface.
- Spread dough pieces with garlic butter. Put them on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned on both sides. Leave to cool.
- Put two servings of chicken and vegetables in freezer bag or sealable container. Put two or three flatbreads in another freezer bag or sealable container. Seal and freeze. – FOOD24.COM