- Two cups brown sugar
- Three cups all-purpose flour
- One tablespoon baking soda
- Two tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Two tablespoons ground cloves
- Two tablespoons ground nutmeg
- Four eggs
- Two tablespoons lemon zest
- Two tablespoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup brandy
- One and ½ cups raisins
- One and ½ cups chopped nuts
- One and ½ cups dried mixed fruit
- One and ½ cups butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 110°C.
- Grease and flour tube pan.
- In large bowl, thoroughly mix sugar, flour, soda, spices, eggs, lemon rind, vanilla, brandy, fruit, nuts and melted butter. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake mix for one hour or until toothpick jabbed in centre comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack, then wrap in foil. Carefully sprinkle two more tablespoons of brandy over cake every day for two weeks. Enjoy!