THERE has been shock and dismay at yet another killing incident in Mqanduli on Wednesday, less than a week after two murders in Tsomo and Qumbu, Eastern Cape.

This after three family members were killed in Nkalweni village.

According to police spokesman Brigadier Tembinkosi Kinana, two unidentified suspects arrived at the family homestead and knocked at the main house.

“They then forced their way inside and started shooting. They first shot the son, who was sitting next to the door, and proceeded to the mother and aunt, who were also inside,” said Kinana.

The victims, who were aged between 27 and 61, died at the scene. The suspects then disappeared into the village.

Kinana said the circumstances surrounding the murders were currently under investigation and no arrest had been made yet.

Provincial Commissioner Lieutenant-General Liziwe Ntshinga expressed “grave concern at the level and pace at which people were killed” in the province, and called for stakeholders and community structures to decry the killings.

OR Tambo District Municipality was also ordered to implement a 72-hour activation plan for the mobilisation of necessary resources for effective investigations and arrests.

Anyone with information was urged to call Lieutenant Colonel Nceba Mshiyo at 071 475 2292 or Crime Stop at 08600 10111.