THE man accused of stabbing a homeless man will appear again in court on Monday.
His case was postponed in the Pretoria Magistrates Court yesterday, where judgment is expected to be delivered.
Manusi Mothupi (40) was bust in June in connection with the attempted murder of a homeless man in Muckleneuk, Tshwane, in February.
Mothupi made his first court appearance in July and will remain in custody until his next appearance.
The investigation officer opposed bail, citing safety concerns. He was worried the cop shop was almost 40km away from the accused’s home in Limpopo.
The suspect’s lawyer told the court his client would meet all the demands needed by the court if he was given bail.
Manusi’s brother Oupa (46) said the family was happy with the case proceedings.
“There is no truth in the case. My brother is not an animal,” he said.
Oupa said his brother was a good man and he didn’t believe he killed homeless people.
Cops and the NPA previously said Manusi wasn’t connected to the murders of five homeless men in Muckleneuk in June.