Laurie Woodruff, 30 from Derbyshire, England is urging parents to not co-sleep with their children.

This comes after the mum fell asleep while breastfeeding her few week’s old baby boy and woke up to find her baby dead in her arms.

FG
Mum Laurie Woodruff with her baby boy Arthur after he was born in 2015 (Image: DerbyshireLive)

READ: 'BUSHIRI OWES ME MONEY!"

According to the Mirror, Laurie’s newborn baby, Arthur died in 2015 from sudden infant syndrome (SIDS) also known as cot death.

She describes the day as “the most horrific day of my life.”

"The ambulance ride on the way to the hospital was the most awful experience ever - by the time we reached Sheffield Children's Hospital, he was pronounced dead."

Laurie has since given birth to another baby boy named Henry who is a splitting image of Arthur.

She also has written and published a book to educate parents about SIDS, Cot Death.

DF
Arthur died of sudden infant death syndrome just weeks after he was born (Image: DerbyshireLive)

READ: I DANCE NAKED FOR MONEY!

Tips for ways parents can reduce the risk of SIDS:

-  Do not smoke while pregnant or after your baby is born

-  Do not sleep on a bed, sofa or armchair with your baby especially if either you or your partner smoke, drink or take drugs

-  Do not let your baby get too hold or cold. The room temperature should be 16C-20C with lightweight bedding

-  Place your baby on their back while they sleep

-  Let them sleep in the same room as you for the first six months

-  Ensure their sleep environment won't cause your baby to become tangled in bedding

-  Use a mattress that's firm, flat, waterproof and in good condition

-  Place your baby in the "feet to foot" position with their feet touching the end of their cot, Moses basket or pram

-  Keep your baby's head uncovered - their blanket should be tucked no higher than their shoulders

-  Breastfeed you baby if you can