WHEN her house caught fire gogo Velephi Ntuli thought it was over with her life and she will never ever live a normal life again.

On Thursday, Velephi (73)  from Nzalabantu outside Richards Bay, north of KZN tears shared when the uMhlathuze municipality mayor Mduduzi Mhlongo's organization along with other local business people donated maretriral to build gogo a four-roomed house..

Gogo Velephi’s house was destroyed by fire in October, last year, and she unfortunately lost her daughter-in-law in the incident.

The incident also left gogo seriously ill.

Velephi who had high blood pressure was left with breathing problem which still lives with her to this this day.

She had been living in the old hut which could collapse at any given time.

During the handover of the material a teary gogo thanked all who took her plight to relevant authorities. 

"I don't know where to start my appreciations for what is happening in my life. I thought it was the end of the world when my house burnt down and lost someone we loved. Today I realise that God works in his own ways. I have never even seen these people in my life before but today they are in my yard with the building material. It feels like I'm dreaming,” said gogo.

Mhlongo said they were informed about gogo’s situation upon the engagement with business people who work in the same area.

“Ntuthuko Buthelezi, came forth to assist in building the house. We are hoping that by the end of June it will be finished. This is a gesture of a good will from the people we work with and we appreciate that. The ANC's objective is to see people's lives changing for the better and having a decent shelter brings back the dignity to any person, hence we are here today," said Mhlongo.