That time of the month comes with a lot of baggage including period pains and PMS so we just want to make sure that period stains are the least of your worries.
We all know that once you get your periods, the blood can stain anything, from underwear to clothes, bedding to the mattress, so we just want to make sure that this hack is there fro you as you're already dealing with the most.
Always remember that there is nothing to be embarrassed about as this is just nature taking its course.
Here is a hack that can help you to deal with those accidents if they do occur.
- Clean your underwear as soon as possible. The sooner that you do so, the more likely it is that you'll get the stain out.
- Use only cold water, preferably ice cold water. Hot or warm water will set the stain, making it impossible to remove.
Hydrogen Peroxide Wash
- Fill a bowl or sink with 1/4 hydrogen peroxide to 3/4 ice cold water.
- Add the underwear. Push it into the liquid and leave it to soak for a half an hour or so.
Salt Wash for colored underwear
- Mix two parts cold water with one part salt in a washing basin or bucket.
- Add the stained underwear and wet completely.
- Rub the stained part gently. Use the salt to add abrasion to help remove the stain.
Meat Tenderizer Wash
- Make a solution from one tablespoon of meat tenderizer and two tablespoons of ice cold water. Mix until it forms a paste.
- Spread the meat tenderizer paste over the stained area of the underwear. Let sit for 1 to 2 hours. This will loosen the stain.
- Wash the underwear. Either hand or machine wash, using your usual detergent.