Supporting is the one thing that we should all be doing and the coronavirus pandemic made us realise that we need to support local whether it's food, clothes or beverages.
South Africa has amazing designers that are extremely talented and creative to a point that they are even recognised internationally and we need to support them more and put them more out there.
Here are 10 designers that are turning heads:
1. Rich Mnisi - Rich has been making enough noise in the past years
2. MaXhosa by Laduma Ngxokolo - Laduma's initial vision was to create a premium modern Xhosa-inspired knitwear collection that would be suitable for a certain market and hasn’t looked back ever since!
3. FabroSanz - This is a fashion house for the stylish modern day working women with an intricate eye for beautiful garments.
4. Thebe Magugu - Thebe made history as the first African designer to win the LVMH Prize. Thebe's brand focuses on sleek, forward-thinking women’s ready-to-wear fashion, infused with aspects from our continent’s past.
5. Gert-Johan Coetzee - If there is one thing we know is Gert always comes through with those show-stopping garments.
6. Lukhanyo Mdingi - Lukhanyo Mdingi has been featured in publications such as Vogue and I-D Magazine.
7. Mmuso Maxwell - Mmuso Potsane and Maxwell Boko strive to create sustainable clothing through the usage of natural and high-quality fabrics.
8. David Tlale - South Africa's most-loved designer who paved the way for so many black designers in the country.
9. Quiteria by Quiteria Lebogang Kekana - Quiteria dressed Beyoncé for her Global Citizen performance in 2018 so you already know his brand just says luxury.
10. Imprint ZA by Mzukisi Mbane - The brand celebrates glamour through an African lens, with signature details including rich prints and fabrics and bold colours.