THE TV and film industry as well as the whole of Mzansi is mourning the death of veteran actress Nomhle Nkonyeni.
- Anga Makubalo said acting with the legend on Igazi was an honour.
“I’m still young in the industry but I’m happy I acted with Mam Nkonyeni,” said Anga.
- Writer and producer Mbongeni Ngema told Daily Sun: “Yoh! This is sad news. I recently saw her in Cape Town and she looked fine. She was talented and dedicated.”
- Veteran actress and singer Tu Nokwe said: “We have lost our sister and mother. She was always willing to help.”
- e.tv producer IIse van Hemert said Nkonyeni resonated with her audience when she appeared on screen.
“Viewers adored all the characters she played. It was a tremendous honour to have Ma Nomhle on our show and we will never forget her,” said van Hemert.
“She wanted to die as a working actress. She was granted that wish.”
- Generations: The Legacy actress Manaka Ranaka said she was lucky to work with the veteran actress on Stokvel.
“She got a cameo role and we were all excited to work with her,” she said.
“Her passing is sad, but she needed to rest.”
- SABC spokesman Vuyo Mthembu said: “Her contribution was recognised when she received the Order on Ikhamanga in Silver from the president of South Africa, among many other accolades.”