THIS recipe is so easy, even kids can make it with veggies from their own vegetable garden!
The vegetable pickles recipe is from A Gorgeous Life.
- One cup water
- Two cup white vinegar
- One tablespoon sea salt
- Two tablespoons sugar
- Spices to taste
- Vegetables such as carrots, turnips, radishes, cauliflower, broccoli and cucumber
- Make pickling liquid by placing all ingredients in a bowl and stir until the sugar and salt is dissolved.
- Slice your veggies – besides cabbage – with a vegetable peeler.
- Put them in a well-sealing glass jar and fill it to the top with pickling liquid.
- Put sealed jar in fridge and leave for at least overnight or up to two weeks.
Note: If radishes are left for longer than a day, they will probably turn your entire jar light pink.