MANGO Hummingbird cupcakes with mango cream cheese icing
1 large mango, chopped and mashed
1 banana, mashed
½ cup sugar
2 large free range eggs
1 cup oil
1 cup coconut
3 cups self-raising flour
For the icing
½ block or
125g medium fat cream cheese
¼ cup icing sugar
1 mango, pulped
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Grease silicone moulds or line a baking tin with cupcake cases.
- Whisk the oil and eggs together. Pour into bowl with mango, banana and sugar.
- Stir in the dry ingredients. Do not over mix, simply fold in gently.
- Spoon into cupcake cases, bake for 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Mix cream cheese with icing sugar, and stir in the mango.
- Serve with cool cakes and garnish with coconut flakes.
(Can be frozen and defrosted)