CAKES are supposed to look beautiful and have that eat-me-now
effect on people.
But the cakes baked by some ANC branches for the party’s 106th birthday celebrations have hit social media for all the wrong reasons.
Nobody seems to know who baked the ugly cakes.
To make matters worse, it was also said that when the cakes were cut, they simply fell apart.
Comrades from the Eastern Cape, Limpopo and Mpumalanga seemed to enjoy the cakes, but as soon as images of the cakes in the party colours were shared on social media, people started asking questions.
Some of the tweets:
- Lesego Masilo: Whoever has this tender should seriously consider handing it over to someone else. Yo! Such an eyesore! There are many community bakeries that do spectacular cakes for such events. Wena ANC.
- Sally Spektra: Those ANC cakes are the perfect visual representation of post-apartheid South Africa.
- Othi Bhungane: Year after year the ANC gets horrible cakes with “anniversary” spelt wrong.
- Loyiso: The ANC must institute a commission of inquiry into these cakes. Someone got away with R3 million and this is what they delivered!
- Kingz Maruping: Poor service is what we receive from the ANC government, and at least they also get it.